Students interested in playing a sport should listen to W.O.R.D.'s morning announcements or check with the appropriate coach to find exact dates for tryouts. Games will be listed on the school's calendar.
In addition, there are opportunities to play Floor Hockey, Flag Football, and Morning Basketball, all of which are listed on our Afterschool Clubs page.
|Football||Monson, Dancause & Wachtelhausen
|Boys' Basketball||Wachtelhausen & Lunin||December|
|Boys' Baseball||Dancause, Monson & Lunin||March|
|Girls' Softball||Wachtelhausen & Comings
|Track & Field||Scott & Pfaff||March|
All students participating in competitive athletics must have an up-to-date physical examination.
Head Injuries and Concussions
Student athletes and their families should read this overview to learn more about state regulations regarding concussions and head injuries. The following forms will assist parents and staff to document an athlete's health and his or her ability to participate in extracurricular sports.
- Concussion Pre-participation Form
- Parent/Guardian Report of Head Injury during Sports Season
- Coach/Trainer Report of Head Injury during Sports Season
- Post Sports-related Head Injury Medical Clearance
- Post-concussion Graduated Reentry Academic Plan